Friday, October 14, 2011

Why is it....

Morning folks....why is it life never goes according to plan....I was up with the birdies this morning...still dark outside....kettle on and settled down at the computer to catch up with comments...e-mails etc...oh yes I had great plans but I should have known that technology would have a hissy fit and scupper everything.  I am super duper lucky to live only a mile and a bit from our local telephone exchange and am normally speeding around cyberspace with my uber fast broadband connection but not this morning.   First Mr Windows popped up to tell me he was downloading updates then he has to install them...just when I thought I was back up to speed my Anti-Virus programme decided to join the fun with his version of slowing the computer down and before I can get cracking I have to start all over again with the "You Must Restart Your Computer" thing.  Two cuppas later I am finally in business but now running behind schedule. And just to really spice up the day Mr Nikon is throwing his toys out of the pram too...isn't technology just absolutely wonderful...oh yes but only when it works...a statement I'm sure our Blackberry friends would agree with right now.
So what's on the agenda today....the Workshop supplies box is all packed ready to be loaded in the car tonight for an early morning get-away...fingers crossed I haven't forgotten any important ingredients...
I've been cracking on with the DT stuff...I even have my Penny Black Saturday card in the bag....
it's been a busy week so I am escaping the crafty shackles and anything to do with technology to take a little trip out to Alford to visit my lovely buddy Anne at The Sew Room and meet up with another lovely buddy Jane who is on a visit from the West of Scotland...time to chill out with a cuppa and a chat for a little while.  Then it's home to put my search and rescue hat on...2 pairs of Fiskars scissors and my bone folder have completed disappeared off the face of the earth...the cubbyhole was turned upside down yesterday and still no sign...so it's going to be a "down on my hands and knees" scavenging in the bin kind of an afternoon. See you all tomorrow over at Penny Black Saturday for another challenge and a super cute prize.
Hugs Kath xxx
Edited to add: I know you will all be waiting with bated breath for news of the missing tools....good news they have been found safe and well and just when I was jumping with joy and feeling rather pleased with myself....this happened...
I do have a spare pair but which one of the hundreds of safe places did I stash them in.....back to rummage mode once again.